DVD on amazon here
- watch some clips of Mr Bean and answer questions
- practise using the Past Simple
- write summary of the story in the past
- How often do you go to the dentist?
- Do you like going?
- Did you ever have a filling?
CheckDo you know the past simple forms of these verbs?
go, put, continue, get up, walk, shave, do, open, take, make, wake, see, clean, drink, need, give
- Look at the questions before you start
- Watch the clip
- Answer the questions in the interactive exercises after the clips
Look at questions for parts 1 - 3
Which is the the correct answer?
1) Mr Bean’s alarm clock went off at 8.00 / 8.15 / 8.30
2) He put the clock in the cupboard / a glass of water / a bag
3) He continued reading a book / sleeping / watching TV
A) got up
B) walked into the wall
D) did some exercise
E) opened the wardrobe and took out his clothes
F) made his bed
G) woke up and opened the curtains
H) saw a sign with a picture of some teeth and the time
Mr Bean got dressed in the car.
3a) Which of the following clothes did he put on and in what order?
3b) What did he do after he got dressed?
Watch the clip
Now answer the questions
3b. What did he do after he got dressed?
Highlight here for the answer = He cleaned his teeth
Now look at the questions for part 4
Put these sentences in order
B) “Mr Peggit’s ready for you now”
C) “How are we today?”
D) “If you’d like to take a seat”
E) “Right! Get in the car!”
F) “Good Morning. Do sit down
Who says each sentence?
Add the letter at the end of the sentence
B - Mr Bean,
D - the dentist,
W - a woman
R - the receptionist
Watch clip 2
Now do the exercise
1) He went up and down in the dentist’s chair
2) He cleaned his jacket
3) He drank a glass of tea
4) Mr bean gave the dentist an injection
5) He needed one filling
6) The dentist gave him four fillings
Watch clip 3
Now do the exercise
eg He didn't drink a glass of tea, he...
WritingUse these exercises to tell the story in the past
Start like this;
One day Mr Bean had to go to the dentist but he woke up late. He....
Full length program here