- listen to the story of a man who found a lot of money in a bag
- do a listening comprehension activity
- practise the 2nd conditional
- What would you do if you stumbled across a bag containing just over half a million dollars?
- Would you take it and say nothing or would you do the right thing and hand it in to the police?
Listen to the radio clip.
You are going to hear about a bus driver who found a lot of money in a bag.
- How much money was in the bag?
Now do the quiz
Go to the link below and read the text
- How old was the elderly lady?
- What was the bus driver's name?
- How did the police trace the owner of the money?
- What did he bus driver's employers think of him?
- Do you think the driver should have got a reward?
- Do you think he should have got more?
The bus driver wanted to meet the lady.
Imagine their conversation when they meet.
- Where do they meet?
- What do you think they say to each other?
- What questions do you think the driver asks the lady?
- Does she give him a reward?
Printable worksheet here
Look at the presentation below and discuss the questions
Excellent clip using "The Big Bang Theory" http://www.luizotaviobarros.com/2012/12/teach-second-conditional.html