You are going to
- discuss countries and stereotypes
- watch and listen to a TV ad.
- listen and order words and expressions
- talk about what your country / region / city loves
- What is the British stereotype?
- What do the British love?
- Think of some things we love
2) Watch the clip
Can you guess before you watch?
3) Put the words and expressions in order
Look at the list of words and expressions in the exercise below
Do you understand all of them?
Watch the youtube clip again. While you listen, use your mouse to drag the expressions into the right order on the lines.
4) Discuss / Writing
- Do you think the ad is true?
- What do you love doing?
- What do people in your country love doing?
What does your country love?
Make a list of things
Read them out to the class or make a poster.
Don't forget - "... loves + a NOUN or VERB +ing"
eg Britain loves a celebration
Britain loves gardening