You are going to
- revise the past simple
- listen to a video about the Beatles and do a matching exercise
- read a text about the Beatles and do a gap-fill exercise
- do a quiz based on the information in the lesson
1) Discuss2012 is the 50th anniversary of the Beatles' first hit single.
- Who were the Beatles?
- What were their names?
- What did they do?
2) Do the matching exerciseLook at the exercise below. The information in the boxes on the right is in a different order to the film. Use your mouse to drag the information in the boxes on the right to the correct heading on the left.
Watch the film again if you need to.
Listen to this Beatles concert from 1964 while you do the gap fill exercise below.
Read the text and fill in the gaps.
You can choose the correct answer from the drop-down menu.
4) Beatles Quiz
How much can you remember?
Do this quiz. There are 12 questions.
Choose someone famous that you like. Write about them.
- When was he / she born?
- Where was he / she from?
- What did he / she do?
- How did he / she become famous?
- Did he / she make films?
- Did he / she get married?
- Why do you like him / her?
Printable worksheet here
More past simple practice
More practice with the Beatles http://www.esllistening.org/beatles/home.html
More Beatles info and music http://www.beatles.com/
And in the end...