You are going to
- look at language for describing people
- watch a video and do a listening comprehension quiz
- write a description of someone you know
- How many words do you know to describe someone?
- How many can you think of in one minute?
2) Vocabulary match
Drag and drop each word on the right to its nearest opposite on the left.
How many are nouns?
How many are verbs?
Answers - highlight below
nouns = a pensioner, a toddler, a party animal, a lonerverbs = to fit in, to stand out
Look at the photo.
Describe the photo.
What kind of person do you think she is?
Kind, generous, short-tempered?
Watch the clip and answer.
- How do they describe Miss Devine's appearance? What did she look like?
- How do they describe her character or personality? What was she like?
- What stories do they tell about her?
- Do you think they like or admire her?
- Did they learn anything from her?
Here is a summary of the clip. Fill in the blanks.
- Introduce him / her. Who is he / she? Your brother, sister, best friend, teacher, colleague...?
- Describe his / her appearance.
- Describe his / her personality.
- Tell one or two stories about him / her to illustrate his / her character
- Explain why you like or admire him / her?
- Did you learn anything from him / her?
- Conclude. Say why the person is special to you.
More posts about describing people here
More from StoryCorps here http://www.youtube.com/storycorps
and here http://storycorps.org/