- discuss environmental issues
- listen to someone talking about the environment
- do a gap-fill
- write an answer to a question related to the topic
- What is the environment?
- What should our attitude be towards the environment?
- What is climate change?
- What do you think causes climate change?
- Do you think it is important? Why / Why not?
- What effects could climate change have on our lifestyles and the planet?
- What can we do to support the environment?
You are going to listen to Mary Sargeant talking about climate change and the environment on BBC Radio Devon.
Mary Sargeant is from Devon in the UK.
- What issues does she mention?
- What solutions does she offer?
Listen again and do the gap fill below
Check you understand the vocabulary before you start.
Printable worksheet here
- Do you agree with Mary?
- Do we do enough or should we do more?
- Should individuals be responsible for helping to protect the environment or is it the responsibility of governments?
- What do you do to help the environment?
Choose 1 (IELTS)
- “Many people think it is very important to protect the environment but they make no effort to do it themselves. Why do you think this is the case? What actions should individuals take to protect the environment?”
- Nowadays environmental problems are too big to be managed by individual persons or individual countries. In other words, it is an international problem. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Are you always on your phone? Advanced, CAE, FCE, IELTS, Intermediate, Listening, Technology, Upper Intermediate, Writing, Writing an argument, Writing introductions for argument essays
- The Truth About British Rain - The Great British W...Advanced, Describing a cycle, IELTS, Life in the UK, Listening, Upper Intermediate, Weather, Writing
- What is the weight of the human race? Advice, Crossword, FCE, Food, Health, IELTS, Jamie Oliver, Listening, Obesity, Obligation, Writing, Intermediate, Upper Intermediate