Note - this activity can be done in combination with this post
What is charm? http://efllecturer.blogspot.com.es/2014/05/what-is-charm.html
- Why are we polite to each other?
- In what situations is it important to be polite?
- Are you likely to be more impressed by someone who is polite?
- In what ways do you show politeness or respect in your language?
- Does politeness change according to language and culture?
- How do we show politeness in English? What words or expressions do we use?
Look at the presentation.
Ask questions using the photos as prompts.
What is charm? Adjectives, Advanced, Being Polite, Charm, Describing a person, Listening, Manners, Speaking, Upper Intermediate
What is love? Intermediate , Listening, Love, Relationships, Upper Intermediate
Life in the UK; The British and how to understand them Discussion Activities, Elementary, Intermediate, Life in the UK, Present Simple, Reading, Webquest, Writing a report