You are going to
- listen to radio clip about Leap Year Day and answer some questions
- listen to going to and present continuous used for plans and arrangements
- What is Leap Year Day?
- Why is it special?
- Do you have any traditions connected with Leap Year Day?
- Do you do anything special on Leap Year day?
2) Listen to this radio clipWhat are the people going to do?
Listen and do the matching exercise below
From BBC Radio 4 PM http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qskw
Do the activities seem special to you?
What is special about the people who are doing them?
4) Now answer these questions
- Are you going to do anything special for Leap Year Day?
- When is the next Leap Year Day?
- How much time have you got to prepare?
6) More on Leap Year Dayhttp://www.englishblog.com/2012/02/leap-year-day.html
Printable version here